What’s Expected of the Duty Rink.
- Arrive at the club at least 30 minutes before the game.
- Unlock the visitors’ changing room. The keys are located in the key cabinet in the kitchen.
Get the playing equipment from the storage shed and place at the end of rinks; checking beforehand which rinks are being used if less than 6.
- 1 Scoreboard.
- 1 metal box containing 6 marker blocks (2 red, 2 Blue & 2 White).
- 2 white measuring sticks; placed with one end touching the green edge to form a V shape with a Jack at the apex.
- Pushers should be placed one at either end of the green.
Raise the club flag on the flag pole to the right of the seated brick structure (viewed from the Club House). The flag is stored in the cupboard at the far end of the Club House.
Put raffle ticket and prizes
Raffle prizes, Jugs and raffle ticket strips are stored on the alcove behind the bar.
Raffle strips should be sorted numerically from 1-5 upwards;
- ensure there are sufficient strips for 2 per person on each of the tables being used (remembering there will be a helpers /” kitchen Staff” table).
- Take into account the known missing strips and calculate the number required.
- Mix up the strips and place the appropriate number of strips in the jugs (one jugs per table).
Take to Raffle machine from the cupboard at the far end of the Club House. Place on the table to the left (under the screen) and ensure the number on the thumb will is set to correspond to the highest numbered ticket distributed around the tables.
At the end of the game / event
- Collect raffle money, jugs and raffle strips and put them behind the bar.
- Lower the club flag and return it to the cupboard.
- Make sure that playing equipment has been returned to the storage shed and the shed is closed.
- Ensure the visitors changing rooms are clear, the doors are locked and the keys return to the key cupboard.